Check out our video with our keyword research tutorial, keyword mapping (content mapping), and content strategy. We go through the initial SEO strategy of finding popular keywords and building content around those keywords. In this video, I will show you how I use the Google Keyword Planner in 2020 to do Keyword Research in 2020.
From $0 to $2K playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCKZKQoSq6y7y0QNdLOFCcx7qk1a-udqJ
Excel Spreadsheet – The latest version can be found here: https://surfsideppc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/WickerGuide.com_.xlsx
Keyword Research Questions:
– What products/services do you offer?
– What are your customers researching?
– What keywords do your competitors rank for?
My Keyword Research Process:
1. Use Google Keyword Planner to search targeted keywords
2. Use Google Keyword Planner to search 3-5 competitors keywords
3. Combine all keywords and search volume into one list
4. Remove duplicates in Excel or Unique function in Google Sheets
5. Use keyword list to come up with relevant content ideas
6. Map keywords to individual pages in Excel/Google Sheets
Keyword Research: I use the Google Keyword Planner for keyword research. Create a list of 100+ keywords that will help your business drive sales.
Keyword Mapping: Keyword mapping is the process of mapping targeted keywords to specific pages on your website. Map/Link 1 piece of updated content for the SEO keywords you are targeting.
Content Strategy: Plan the types of content you are creating and the keywords you will target. Content strategy involves the types of content you will create and the keywords you are targeting.
Important Notes about Keywords and SEO:
– You can see the search volume for keywords in the Google Keyword Planner when you run an active campaign.
– High search volume generally means higher competition. Create your best content for competitive keywords in order to rank.
– Once you create content for a keyword, focus on keeping that page updated and relevant over time.